VCX IP - Voice-over-IP ATC Radio Network
Designed for safety- and mission-critical communication
The Frequentis VCX-IP gateway is synonymous with a new era of operational voice communication in safety- and mission-critical systems.
The Frequentis VCX IP gateways combine the high reliability of embedded systems with advanced VoIP capabilities. Additionally, the Frequentis VCX VoIP gateways offer features to enhance your operational systems in terms of safety, efficiency and interoperability. The Frequentis VCX-IP gateway connects legacy systems used in civil air traffic management (ATM), air defense and maritime communication applications and therefore supports a smooth and safe migration scenario for safety-critical network solutions.
Many years of experience in providing air traffic management solutions have given Frequentis a thorough understanding of the specific needs of ATM service providers:
- Frequentis VCX-IP gateways are designed for minimum latency and maximum quality of service. They therefore fulfill the requirements for safe transmission of an operational Voice over IP backbone.
- The Frequentis VCX-IP gateways allow interconnection of legacy ATS interfaces over Ethernet/IP-based backbones while maintaining reliable and stable operation of the ATS protocol stacks.
- The Frequentis VCX-IP inter-gateway communication is based on standard protocols (the Real-time Transport Protocol [RTP] for audio and the Session Initiation Protocol [SIP] for signaling), and follows the specifications of EUROCAE Working Group 67 (Voice over IP for Air Traffic Management).
The main applications of the Frequentis VCX-IP gateway family are:
- Integrated operational voice and data service networks for air traffic management, defense and maritime applications
- Multi-protocol gateways
- Backup systems
- Implementation of contingency/business resumption concepts
Redundant power supplies and cooling/processor resources guarantee maximum availability of the VCX-IP gateway. Connectivity to two separate IP-backbone networks is supported by fast switchover of the communication links. All interface boards are hot-swappable. Migration of safety critical networks needs to be planned very delicately, in order to maintain the availability of all services.
The VCX-IP gateway supports all different migration scenarios with its fully flexible deployment of different interfaces and protocols within the gateway.