VCS 3020CCS – Voice Conferencing and Control
The Voice Communication System (VCS) 3020 Conference and Control System (CCS) is another step forward in Frequentis product evolution. The VCS 3020CCS is the largest voice conferencing system on the market with over 8,000 voice channels and unsurpassed scalability. With the industry’s highest levels of reliability, maintainability, and availability, the VCS 3020CCS not only meets, but exceeds, ATM-grade standards—system design includes no single point of failure and non-blocking operation.
Conferencing features include:
- Ad Hoc – Used to set up unplanned conferences
- Meet Me – Allows scheduled conferences with or without PIN security
- Progressive – Used to create large call-out conferences
- Preset – Broadcast simultaneous calls to participants
- Configured with up to 200 operator positions and more than 500 conferences at 1,000 participants each, expandable to support additional positions, conferences and participants based upon user requirements.
The VCS 3020CCS has a fully configurable user interface to optimize the user experience with the following features:
- Versatile configuration for large, non-blocking voice conferencing to provide the communications platform for the United States domestic as well as international air traffic flow management operations
- Latest human-machine-interface for intuitive operation
- Easy-to-use touch entry display
- Graphical map-based pages
- Optimization of operational objectives via the user interface
- User-specific customization of homepage design
- Role-based concept for user profiles
- Additional features include:
- Commercial-Off-the-Shelf. Fully Digital Conferencing Switch
- Telephone and Intercom Features (Transfer, Hold, Barge, Override etc.)
- Total Non-Blocking Design
- Ergonomic Position Design Allows Positional Flexibility
- Board Built-in-Test (BITE) Functions Reduce Maintenance Time
- Training, Technology Refresh, Lifecycle support, including 24X7 help desk, sparing and depot.
In addition to supporting over 50 international ATM command and control facilities, the Frequentis 3020CCS serves as the backbone for the FAA’s premiere Air Traffic Control System Command Center (ATCSCC) operations, tied to over 400 ATC facilities and 1,000 operations control centers for airlines, dispatchers, and other users throughout the US. Frequentis received an industry award for excellence in user design for this system. For NASA, the 3020CCS supports 20 space operations centers in the US and internationally, providing critical mission support for space exploration, tracking, flight control for the space shuttle, rockets, and other aerospace operations.