Voice Communication & Control Systems
Operational communication solutions that enhance safety
The FTS 3020 Fixed Terminal System consists of modules certified for use in safety-critical applications and has a proven track record in the field. It primarily focuses on interfacing with GSM-R mobile networks, but it also provides a migration path for the integration of existing analogue infrastructures into a unified communication solution.
The solution can vary in size from a few controller positions managing a single railway line up to a countrywide network with many local railway stations and large command and control centres.
Its hybrid architecture allows flexible interfacing to existing communication and network infrastructures, as well as to IP-based information systems like GSM-R, intelligent network servers, train location systems and SMS centres. This flexibility lets Frequentis help you protect your existing investments, migrate to state-of-the-art technologies like VoIP, and develop new, advanced rail services.
The core component of the FTS 3020 solution is the duplicated central switch, which is based on a safety-grade hybrid IP/TDM platform. This technology concept ensures non-blocking operation, as well as highly reliable communication and data links.
The operation and maintenance of safety-related systems and infrastructure requires access to efficient and powerful management tools. The management suite offers just such a toolset for configuring the FTS 3020 solution and for status and alarm management.
Its core principles are:
- The one tool concept
- for efficient configuration of infrastructural elements and operational data
- Ease of use
- achieved through standardised GUI elements, configuration wizards, validation checks and context-sensitive help functions
- users can return the system to a previous configuration
- alarm and status information are SNMP-based and can be displayed in the management suite or in an umbrella management system
- Client/server architecture
- allows access to the FTS 3020 system from several locations within the organisation
The FTS 3020 solution offers various features which are united in serving one goal: improving the efficiency of everyday processes to ensure the best use of human and technical resources.